Sunday, 16 February 2014

Welcome to my first blog. My name is Michelle and I'm the person behind the white rose.

I've been making soap for a few years now. I started Alba Rosa in October 2011 with a small range of soaps and a few salves. Since then I've made a lot of soap - classics like Lavender and Castile have remained favourites, while others have come and gone.

All my soap is made and cut by hand. I prefer not to use synthetic fragrances or colours. Instead my soaps are coloured with teas, clays, herbs and spices. Recently I've been experimenting with fruits and vegetables so will share some of the results in later posts.

My favourite soap of the moment is Chai Latte. I made my first batch a few months ago.


Full of lovely spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom, with a hint of vanilla, it has a wonderfully rich, sweet, spicy aroma. And lots of lovely lather.


No comments:

Post a Comment