Saturday, 18 April 2015

Ten More Ways to Use Lavender

1. Dried Lavender

Use dried, pressed lavender blooms to decorate handmade cards.

2. Moth proof your clothes

Fresh lavender flowers in a wardrobe or drawer can help to deter moths and silverfish.

3. Massage Oil

Add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to 250mls of a carrier oil (sweet almond or jojoba oil both work well) for calming, relaxing massage oil.

4. Lavender Water

You can make your own lavender water to use as a room spray by adding 5 drops of lavender essential oil to 150mls of water. Store in a small spary bottles and shake to disperse the oil before use.

5. In the Bath

4-5 drops of essential oil added to a warm bath before bed may help you to fall asleep.

6. Make a Lavender Salve

The recipe for a simple salve for dry skin can be found here.

7. Make Lavender Toner

An easy recipe for lavender toner using essential oil and dried lavender buds.

8. Carpet Deodoriser

Combine 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil with one cup of baking soda. Sprinkle on the carpet 1 hour before vacuuming. Vacuum as usual.

9. Cake Decorations

Use organic lavender bloom to decorate a cake.

10. Itchy Bites

A few drops of lavender oil can help ease the itch of insect bites. Always take care when applying essential oil directly to skin. Not all oils should be used in this way.







Photo Credit: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=35947&picture=lavender-blossoms


I link up here.



13 comments:

  1. Wow, who knew there were so many uses for lavender. I'll have to try lavender on insect bites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lavender. If you do try it on bites make sure it's a good quality pure essential oil.

      Delete
  2. I love lavender so thanks for the extra new tips. Visiting from #upsydaisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super useful! Thank you for sharing! #UpsyDaisyLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lavendar - who doesn't? Some useful tips here so thank you for sharing with us at Over the Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to put some of these to use. I especially like the carpet deodorizer. I use lavender or lemongrass in my laundry and love it. I used to use lavender spray on the bedding, but it drove my husband nuts. LOL! Thank you so much for sharing these with #UpsyDaisyLinkup! I'm heading over to Part 1 of this post now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping over from Over The Moon! I love lavendar but did not know that it keeps moths and silverfish away! Definitely much better than moth balls! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love lavender and have often used it just before bedtime for a good night's sleep. I'll have to expand my repertoire after reading this list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lavender, too, and I've used in a hot bath to help me sleep. Thanks so much for sharing your list with us at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love using dried lavender for decor and homemade cards, too. This is a great list! Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful tips on lavender. It is such a wonderful herb and the scent is heavenly. Sharing. Visiting from Healthy happy Green & Natural blog hop. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use lavendar EVERYWHERE- it is truly one of the most versatile herbs! Excellent ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lavender ideas. I like the carpet deodorizer, I will try that one, thanks.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete