Friday, 22 May 2015

Simple Herbal Tea Recipes

Chamomile & Lavender Tea


To make this you will need boiling water, 1 teaspoon each of dried chamomile and dried lavender buds, a tea strainer and a tea cup.

Place the chamomile and lavender in the tea strainer ans sit it on top of the cup. Pour in enough boiling water that the herbs are covered. Allow to infuse for about 10 minutes. By this time the tea is a drinkable temperature. You can add lemon juice or honey to taste.

If you prefer to use a small tea pot place tyhe herbs in the pot, pour over the boiling water and leave to steep. Pour the tea into a cup through a strainer



Mint Tea


This one is really quick and easy to make - especially if you grow your own mint. 

Take a handful of fresh peppermint (or spearmint) leaves. Wash, then tear or cut roughly into pieces. Place in a teapot and pour in 2 cups of boiling water. Allow to steep for 3-5 minutes - according  to how strong you like your tea.



Mint Tea

Lemon Balm Tea


Lemon Balm is great for soothing an upset stomach. Put a handful of fresh, washed, lemon balm leaves into a tea pot and cover with boiling water. Stand for 3-5 minutes, then pour into a cup through a tea strainer. Can be sweetened with a little honey.


Ginger Tea


Ginger tea can be used to help with nausea and cold symptoms. Here is a simple recipe to try.

You will need:
  • 2.5cm (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger root
  • 2 cups of water
  • honey and/or lemon to sweeten (optional)

Peel and thinly slice the ginger root. In a small saucepan bring the water to the boil. Add the sliced ginger, cover and simmer on a very low heat for about 15 minutes. Strain the tea, then add lemon and/or honey to taste if using.


I link up here

14 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is a great reminder to me that I need to harvest my mind before frost---tonight! Thanks for this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound good! Great way to use my recently harvested herbs. Thanks for linking up to Home Matters Party. #HomeMattersParty http://cu-rio.net/home-matters-linky-party-59/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate you sharing your post at the #AnythingGoes Link Party. I'm looking forward to what you'll share with us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea and herbal tea is wonderful Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tea and I really need the ginger one as I have a cold at the moment. Thanks for always providing such great content and linking up with us at #WednesdaysWisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on some more recipes at the moment so keep an eye out. And thank you for hosting Wednesdays Wisdom :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh fresh herbal teas! I will need to try these soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ginger tea sounds yummy. I always have ginger, so this is something I can easily make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ginger is really good if you feel as though you're catching a cold.

      Delete
  8. I like Chamomile tea, not sure I would like lavender in it. But the mint and lemon balm I bet would be really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too sure about the chamomile and lavender combo when I first tried it, but it does grow on you. Lemon balm is lovely in tea.

      Delete
  9. These sounds great. We have lots of mint in the garden but I've never tried making tea with it. Am going to give it a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give me a cup of any one of these teas and I'd be a happy camper. Especially ginger :)

    ReplyDelete