Monday, 31 August 2015

Weetbix Slice - a recipe

I'm usually sharing skincare recipes, but this time it's food -  a recipe for Weetbix Slice. I hadn't made this for quite a while, but after a swarm of locusts (aka teenagers) raided the cupboards it was time to do some baking.

Weetbix Slice


Ingredients:

  • 175g melted butter
  • 4 crushed weetbix
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup dessicated coconut
  • 1 dessertspoon cocoa

Heat the oven to 180C (350F)

Combine all the ingredients and press into a lined slice pan. The one I use is 27cm x 21cm. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pan.

When cold ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with a little coconut.






This is another one of those recipes jammed into my overstuffed recipe book. It's handwritten (in my handwriting), but I have no idea where I got it from. I've been making it for years.

There are a few versions of this recipe around, but if anyone knows the origins of this particular one I'd love to know.


You may also like to try:

ANZAC Biscuits
Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Shortbread - the best
Walnut and Sultana Loaf


I link up here.

7 comments:

  1. What an interesting recipe! I've never had weetbix before. Actually, I've never even heard of it! I'll definitely try it though. I love experimenting with new flavors. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weetbix is a wholegrain breakfast cereal here in New Zealand. There's something very similar available in the UK and Canada called Weetabix.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your recipe, which I will make later as I have just ought weetbix! I love seeing you share on #wednesdayswisdom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This slice never lasts long in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a delicious way to eat Weet Bix. Thanks so much for sharing with us at #Wednesdays Wisdom link up. I think I will make this on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, interesting. I haven't tried {or even heard of} Weetbix, but it looks tasty! Thanks for sharing with us the Merry Monday Link Party! Hope to see you again on Sunday night for another rockin' party! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can't get Weetbix (or Weetabix) you can use two cups of wholegrain wheat flakes or cornflakes.

    ReplyDelete