Saturday, 17 October 2015

Lemon and Vinegar Foot Soak

The lemon juice in this recipe works to lighten skin discolouration and odours. The mix of apple cider vinegar and salt softens the skin.

Lemon and Vinegar Foot Soak


To make this you will need:

2-3 litres of warm water
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup sea salt
juice of 2 lemons

Pour the water into wide-mouthed bowl (big enough to comfortably fit your feet). Add the vinegar and salt. Stir well. Add the lemon juice and stir again.

Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes. Dry well and follow with a good moisturiser or foot cream.

Discard the soak water. 

Makes enough for one treatment. Use the same day made.






You may also like to try:
Brown Sugar Foot Scrub
Peppermint Rosemary Foot Scrub



I link up here.

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35297772@N00/13905533834">Lemonade</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>

18 comments:

  1. Excited to find this post via #BlogFair. Love the idea of this lemon foot soak and also the scrubs you've linked to. So easy to forget that feet need love too, going to give these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robyn. Let me know what you think when you try out the scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so need this at the moment. My feet are so dry and its not even Summer yet. Guess what Ill be doing tonight? :-)
    #Blogfair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do let me know what you think of the soak :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I need this with summer coming on! My feet aren't ready to be shown in strappy sandals yet. I just need to get some apple cider vinegar. Thanks for sharing with us at #WednesdaysWisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to have to try this! Especially with winter fast approaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one to use at the end of the winter too - before it's sandal weather!

      Delete
  7. I need this! I have everything already so I'm definitely doing this tonight. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of the soak. :)

      Delete
  8. I love anything all natural for beauty stuff. Thanks for sharing. #Alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  9. I soooo need this... My feet definitely need to be pamper a little .. thanks you so much for sharing your post with us at #Alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this...can this be used for other body parts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used it as a foot soak, but it should work just as well on elbows. If you try it that way please let me know how it goes. :)

      Delete
  11. #AnythingGoes is great because of you! Thank you for continuing to support this Link Party with your talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for providing the opportunity :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE This!! :-) Definitely pinning!
    Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop. I hope we see you there again today.

    ReplyDelete