Monday, 23 November 2015

Apple Sauce Facial Scrub

This is a very simple recipe for a scrub using ingredients you probably already have in the pantry or fridge.

In a small bowl mix together:

  • 2 tablespoons apple sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of olive or rice bran oil.

Gently massage into you face and neck. Leave for a minute or two then rinse with warm water. Follow with your usual moisturiser.

This makes enough for one scrub. Discard any scrub mix you may have left over.




You may also like to try:
Milky Oatmeal Scrub

I link up here.


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035555243@N01/36595362">Apple</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/">(license)</a>

15 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I usually use olive oil and sugar, but Ive never thought to use apple sauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use grated apple, but I prefer the smoother texture of the sauce.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting never thought to use Applesauce. I just may try this! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on our MM Pinterest board! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Thanks for linking up with #Alittlebitofeverything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Easy to make and I imagine it smells great! #alittlebitofeverything
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing at the Manic Mondays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never thought of using apple sauce for a facial scrub. Thank you for the recipe. I am definitely going to try this. I cam over from Happiness is Homemade Link up party. My blog is anniesaprons.net. Come over some time and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea - I have tons of jars of frozen apple sauce in the freezer, now I can use a little bit for me :) Thanks for sharing at the 100th Happiness is Homemade this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apples are really good for your skin - inside and out! If you do give the scrub a try let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really interesting. I hadn't tried making my own scrub before.

    Thank you for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try :) Scrubs are so easy to make and your skin feels so good afterwards

      Delete