Monday, 18 April 2016

Easy to make Herbal Sleep Pillow

If you have trouble sleeping tucking a herbal sleep pillow into your pillowcase before you go to bed may help.


To make one you will need:

  • a muslin or soft cotton drawstring bag approx. 8cm x 12cm
  • 1/4 cup dried lavender buds
  • 1/4 cup dried chamomile flowers
  • 1/4 cup dried lemon balm leaves
  • 1/8 cup dried hop flowers
  • 1/8 cup dried rose petals (optional)
  • 3-4 drops each of chamomile and lavender essentials oils

Place the herbs into a non-metallic bowl and stir to combine. Add the essential oils a drop at a time and stir again. Loosely pack the herb mixture into the drawstring bag and tie it tightly shut. Do not overstuff the bag.

Stored in the cool, dark, dry place between uses the herb pillow will last for about two months. Unused herb mix can be stored in an airtight container in the same conditions.





I link up here




17 comments:

  1. What a great idea to help with falling asleep! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I'll definitely have to make one of these as I often struggle with insomnia and the smell of lavender is always comforting. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always sleep that well myself, but I do seem to sleep better when I have one of these :)

      Delete
  3. Love these herbs and the idea of making a sleep pillow! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can already imagine the amazing scent.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! It would be a perfect gift, too! Thanks so much for stopping by Inspiration Thursday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this at Dream Create and Inspire! I love soaps i love this post its a pleasure you stop by..love if you hop over and visit me at http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/ just finished my one room challenge.

    Its a pleasure again to have you!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pillow ideas great idea, thanks for sharing this on Dream Create and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds heavenly! I knew of course about lavender and chamomile, but I wouldn't have thought to add lemon balm or hops. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so glad I spotted this post on the Simple Homestead bloghop. My small daughter is having the hardest time sleeping lately. Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to make this herbal sleep pillow! It must smell wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration #3! Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I'm sure the smell is amazing and one that makes you look forward to crawling into bed. Thank you for linking up with Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love using botanicals and essential oils to promote good sleep. Thanks for sharing your post with us at the Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet dreams! I am so delighted that you shared your healthy Easy to make Herbal Sleep Pillow with us at the Healthy Happy Green Natural Party! I'm Pinning and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your post, think I'll have to try making one of these this year! Thank you for sharing your post on Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop, as one of the co-hosts I will be featuring your post tomorrow! - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy - very much appreciated :)

      Delete
  15. What a great idea! I'm going to have to do this just to help me relax at night! Thanks for linking up to the Country Fair Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete