Friday, 25 November 2016

Calendula Tea for Sore Throats

Calendula is most widely used for it's anti-infammatory and skin-healing properties, but here is the base of a throat soothing tea.


Calendula Tea


To make this you will need:

  • 1/4 cup of fresh (spray-free) calendula petals or 1/8 cup dried petals
  • 2 teaspoons fresh orange peel (peel thinly so there's no white pith - it's bitter)
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1 teapoon runny honey
  • cayenne pepper (optional)

Place the calendula petals and orange peel in a diffuser or in a strainer over a cup and cover with one cup of boiling water. Allow to steep for about 5 minutes. Strain then add the orange juice and honey. Stir well. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper (if using). Sip slowly.

The colour of the tea will vary from pale yellow through to orange depending on the colour of the calendula petals used.







You may also like to try:
Cinnamon & Thyme Sore Throat Tea
Elder Flower Tea for allergies
Calendula Cleanser




Pieced Pastimes


Featured on Morsels of Life: Inspire Me Monday


I link up here

11 comments:

  1. We grew calendula a few years ago with the idea of making a tincture which we unfortunately never did. I'd love to try it again though. Thanks for sharing this with us at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. I'd love to learn to make herbal remedies!

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/happy-homemaker-monday-112816.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo.. this looks great! I have had some calendula leaves lying around and need to put them to good use! Thanks for the recipe! Linking up with you at #familyjoybloglinkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again another great learning experience. I definitely need to expand my horizons beyond black tea! Thanks for posting this on the #fandayfriday link party. #fdflinkparty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am going to have to try this. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the DI & DI Link Party, we loved having you and hope you had fun. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! I want to have a little garden full of all the wonderful flowers and herbs for various things. I'll have to try this next time I have a sore throat!

    I've stopped on by from the Totally Terrific Tuesday party!

    http://www.goddess-within.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you on Simply Natural Saturdays! Love this!!!! Our plants are only babies but I can not wait to try this! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's interesting. I've always added the petals to the bath water when the kids get a little bit sun burnt but I never thought of making a tea. I need to try this. Great idea, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calendula oil is great for easing sunburn too.

      Delete
  9. This will come in handy as a long winter looms ahead, thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet this tea is great! Thanks for sharing on Waste Less Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete