Friday, 4 November 2016

Cucumber and Egg Mask - for mature skin

Last month I shared a recipe for a Banana Mask, this week it's the turn of the cucumber. We all know that a slice of cucumber placed over the eye is supposed to help reduce puffiness - this mask will do that for your whole face. It's cooling, refreshing and helps to even skin tone. It's particularly well suited to mature skin, but can be used for all skin types.

Cucumber and Egg Mask


To make this you will need:
  • 1 medium cucumber 
  • 3 tablespoons of cornflour
  • 1 egg yolk

Chop and puree the cucumber. It looks like quite a lot of cucumber when it's chopped, but the cucumber will reduce in bulk as it's pureed. Add the egg yolk and stir to combine. Add the cornflour a bit at a time, stirring as you go, until you get a good spreadable consistency.

Apply to the face and neck. Leave for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with warm water.

Any unused mask will keep in the fridge for 2 days.






More mask recipes:
Green Clay Purifying Mask - for oily or combination skin
Avocado Carrot Mask

You may also like to try making:
Cucumber Eye Gel


I link up here

6 comments:

  1. I have mature skin and sensitive skin but this looks like it'd be perfect for my allergies! And I think I have 2/3s of the ingredients right now.

    Thanks so much for posting this at #fandayfridsy link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do give it a try please let me know how the mask turns out for you. Thanks for hosting #fandayfriday

      Delete
  2. I'm out in the sun all day, most days, and I know I need to take care of my skin. I'll try anything along the easy, natural way. Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so perfect, I can just imagine how refreshed your skin must feel after applying the mask. I think I need to try it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sweet Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for a cucumber mask to deal with my dark under eye circles. Do you think this would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what impact the mask would have on dark circles as it's aimed more at improving skintone. If you do try the mask on your under eyes please let me know how it goes.

      Delete